Welcome to the Crime Prevention
Association of Michigan. CPAM was
founded in 1973 through the leadership of
the Michigan State Police and law enforcement
officers from several major police departments.
Today there are hundreds of members from law
enforcement, business and neighborhood associations.
The Michigan Crime Prevention Association is in partnership with the National Crime Prevention Coalition, the Central Michigan Crime Prevention Association, the West Michigan Crime Prevention Association, Michigan State University School of Criminal Justice, and Michigan Community Child Watch. We also support programs such as Crime Prevention Month, (October), National Night Out, Safe Night U.S.A., the National Crime Prevention Council's ad campaign, and other national, state and local programs.
Provide and promote crime prevention, education, training, technical assistance and professional development to crime prevention practitioners to improve the quality of life in Michigan communities.
You are invited to contact us if:
• You wish to join a professional network of public and private crime prevention practitioners (Dues are $30 annually)
• You are a full time student in a criminal justice related field (Dues are waived)
• You want someone to contact you about crime prevention in your community
• You are interested in financial sponsorship
• You just want to drop us a note
MCOLES Community Survey on Public Trust
The Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) has released a community survey to help gauge public trust as it works to complete a study for Gov. Rick Snyder. The study will be provided to Gov. Rick Snyder by May 1, 2017.
See the MCOLES Press Release here.